WoundReference improves clinical decisions
 Choose the role that best describes you
Clark SC, Zirwas MJ, et al.
Dermatologic clinics. Date of publication 2009 Jul 1;volume 27(3):365-83, vii-viii.
1. Dermatol Clin. 2009 Jul;27(3):365-83, vii-viii. doi: 10.1016/j.det.2009.05.002. Management of occupational dermatitis. Clark SC(1), Zirwas MJ. Author information: (1)Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Ohio State University College of Medicine, 5965 E Broad Street, Suite 290, Columbus, OH 43213, USA. Contact dermatitis is the most common occupational skin disorder, responsible for up to 30% of all cases of occupational disease in industrialized nations. Epidemiologic data suggest that contact dermatitis accounts for 90% to 95% of all cases of occupational skin disease, imposing considerable social and economic implications. Occupational contact dermatitis is broadly classified into allergic and irritant subtypes. Irritant contact dermatitis is widely quoted in the literature to account for 80% of occupational contact dermatitis cases, with allergic cases held responsible for the remaining 20%. DOI: 10.1016/j.det.2009.05.002 PMID: 19580930 [Indexed for MEDLINE]
Appears in following Topics:
Radiation-induced Cutaneous Damage - Introduction and Assessment