Pads and Protective Garments are the most common products available for incontinence. They come in a broad range of styles, absorbencies and sizes. Some types are:
- Absorbent pads: disposable and designed for women and men. Adhesive strips hold them inside your underwear. They trap 8 or more ounces of urine and keep it away from your skin.
- Incontinence panties and briefs: look a lot like everyday underwear for women and men. But they include a waterproof liner and built-in cloth pad that can absorb 10 or more ounces of urine. They are reusable, washable, and typically available in a range of colors.
- Disposable underwear: comes in lots of styles. Some look similar to (and pull on and off like) elastic-banded underwear but are designed to be disposable. Others have tape on the sides so they are adjustable and can be easily removed. They come in a range of colors as well as day and overnight versions.
- Protective underpads: are disposable or reusable flat pads with an absorbent layer on one side and a moisture barrier on the other. They protect mattresses, chairs, or other furniture from urine leaks. Some have antibacterial and antifungal finishes and adhesive strips to keep them in place. They also come in a range of absorbances.
- Plastic pants: fit over your regular undergarments and help protect against mild to moderate leaks.
Pricing and Suppliers
Is it covered by Medicare Part B?
Disposable Sheets and Bags, Incontinence Pads and Diapers for incontinence are non covered by Medicare Part B
How can I purchase this product?
Incontinence garment can be purchased from pharmacies and medical supply stores. Please refer to table "Other Stores" below for pricing and suggestions on where to purchase this product "out-of-pocket" (without insurance). If there are no vendors listed and you would like to have information on suppliers, please email email@example.com
The table below shows highest and lowest Medicare pricing across the country
|Description||Medicare DME co-payment Min / Max
|Incontinence garment, any type, (e.g., brief, diaper), each||
$0.00 / $0.00
If your insurance does not cover this product, you can purchase it directly from any store. A list of online stores and prices is provided below for your convenience. For updated prices, find it on the internet at https://woundreference.com/app/product?id=1578
||Free with Prime||
* Indicates whether store accepts Medicare or commercial insurance, but may not apply to this specific product. See coding, coverage and reimubursement for more information.
The information on this handout is for your convenience and educational purposes only. All product claims and specifications are those of the product suppliers. It does not constitute medical advice or a guarantee for reimbursement. Prices may have changed and suppliers may not have product in stock. Please confirm accuracy and appropriateness of information with insurance carrier and product supplier. Clinician and WoundReference assume no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products and insurance coverage.